For those who have seen the many DIY decor ideas out there for Christmas, they know that the use of glass bulbs that can be filled with whatever you want is something that many people are doing. They find it is a great way to create something that is unique and something that is going to fit in with whatever Christmas decor scheme they may have for the year. It is also a great project to do with kids, as they are going to find this easy enough to do, yet it is also personal, allowing them to show their own creativity and personality when making these.
With this being said, just what can you put inside these clear glass bulbs? The sky is really the limit on what you can do. You really just need to use your imagination. However, to jumpstart your imagination, here are ideas that people have used throughout the years to make a special decor item that they will use for many years to come.
- Glitter: Take your favorite glitter color or even two, then pour a small amount into the glass bulb. Shake this lightly, and watch the colors swirl inside.
- Poms poms: go to your local craft store and find a variety of colored pom poms that can easily be put into these glass bulbs and they make a colorful decoration to hand on your tree.
- Get super creative and swirl paint inside the clear bulb. You can do this with several layers, adding in one color, letting it dry, then swirling in another color. You can try numerous ways to find the one that best fits your needs.
- Flower pets or even potpourri can be put inside of these glass bulb for a whimsical look for those who are interested.
- Pieces of confetti, which is a fun way to show some color. Often kids love this type of project as they ripped up pieces of paper to put inside these bulbs.
For those who will be using glass bulbs this year on their tree, letting everyone have a hand in decorating these is a great way to get the entire family involved in the decorating. It is also a great way to add some personality to the tree that you have, and it allows you to have keepsakes that you can remember forever. A bonus tip: be sure that you right on the glass bulb with a permanent market at the bottom the year in which these were made, you never know when kids may ask later!
Follow along with our blog here
You can shop Glass Ornaments here